I'm pretty much giving up on this -- unless i find an alternative, I'm
going to end up using hidden fields with the generic update view. I
know this is far from ideal, but I can't get anything else to work.

Basically this is a bug tracker - kind of a get-my-feet-wet app to test
out Django. In order to close a bug, i have to actually show a checkbox
for the boolean field "closed" and the user has to click it to confirm
they are closing the bug. That is not at all what I wanted, but it is
the only thing that works.

In addition, since I can't seem to write a view that works, I'm having
to pass the "closed_date" and "posted_by (user)" with hidden fields -
this sucks pretty hard, but I'm out of options.