Hi,

I am in the same situation actually. Or almost, as I'll have only
anonymous users.

I though about restricting votes based on IP addresses, but today,
with NATs and all, that would be unfair for a lot of people.

What I was planning to do is use the session framework. I will have in
the sessions each poll the user has answered.

Of course, a user could erase the cookies and vote again, but the idea
is to avoid accidental voting and the temptation of easy cheating :-)

But I am sure there must be a better way.

Enjoy,