On 6/28/06, Geert Vanderkelen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ALTER TABLE appname_modelname ENGINE=MyISAM;
>
> and you're done. That's something you'll have to do afterward doing a
> 'syncdb' or sqlreset indeed.

You can put that ALTER TABLE statement in the "sql" directory within
your app, named in an appropriate way, and it'll get executed
automatically for "syncdb" and "sqlreset", etc.

See here:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model_api/#providing-initial-sql-data

Also, I've written this up as a FAQ -- thanks for asking the question.

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/faq/#how-do-i-add-database-specific-options-to-my-create-table-statements-such-as-specifying-myisam-as-the-table-type

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty