On 7/8/06, Iain Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I checked them out on a friends reco, but got the impressions that
> reliable uptime for a business was not really their priority, so I don't
> feel like I could in good faith put a clients site up there that is just
> supposed to keep working. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I've been a very happy shared hosting customer for about eighteen
months; they went through a period of growing pains where their shared
hosting base increased by a huge amount and a lot of their users found
new and interesting ways to eat up server resources, but things have
been very smooth for quite some time now.

Through it all I've never once gotten the impression that "reliable
uptime was not a priority"; if anything, most of the complaints I've
heard in the past few months are that TextDrive came to be a little
too zealous in their automated enforcement of things like
resource-utilization limits (which were relaxed a tiny bit just the
other day in response).

They do also offer business-level accounts with SLA-style guarantees
on uptime, though, and common sense would recommend going that route
if it's what you really need.. I've always marveled at the number of
people out there who claim to have "mission-critical" sites but are
unwilling to pay more than the base $12/mo. shared plan to host
them...

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin