Enough!

I have battled with this for the past few hours, but to no avail.

I basically cannot get a QuerySet.Create or a model Save() to save
some non mandatory URLField values.

Below is the code cleaned up and commented, hoping I haven't cleaned
up too much.

Any help / explanation of what is wrong and how to solve it would be
HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks

# JOB MODEL
# Settting URLField to blank=True has worked elsewhere for me
class Job(models.Model):
    company = models.ForeignKey(Company, related_name='companyjobs')
    jobtitle = models.CharField(max_length=100)
    jobdesc = models.TextField()
    joblink = models.URLField()
    jobweblink = models.URLField(verify_exists=False, blank=True),
    jobemaillink = models.URLField(verify_exists=False, blank=True),

# COMPANY MODEL
class Company(models.Model):
    companyadmin = models.ForeignKey(User)
    companyname = models.CharField(max_length=256)
    companywebsite = models.URLField(verify_exists=True)

#CODE THAT TRIES TO SAVE JOB ASSOCIATED TO A COMPANY
company_db = Company.objects.get(name='CompanyName')

try:
    #NOTE - JOBS ARE SAVED IN INTERMEDIATE tempjob CLASS

    #APPROACH 1 FAILS - TRY TO SAVE JOB USING companyjobs JobSet
    #Following errors raised
    #Error adding job: 'emaillink' is an invalid keyword argument for
this function
    # OR
    #Error adding job: 'weblink' is an invalid keyword argument for
this function
    company_db.companyjobs.create(
        jobtitle = tempjob.title,
        joblink = tempjob.url,
        jobdesc = tempjob.desc,
        jobweblink = (tempjob.weblink if tempjob.weblink != None else
None),
        jobemaillink = (tempjob.emaillink if tempjob.emaillink != None
else None)
        ) #No save as per Django docs

    #APPROACH 2 SUCCEEDS USING QUERYSET.CREATE BUT WITHOUT SAVING
jobweblink & jobemaillink
    #Jobs are created and the two fields are correctly set to NULL in
DB
    company_db.companyjobs.create(
        jobtitle = tempjob.title,
        joblink = tempjob.url,
        jobdesc = tempjob.desc).save()

    #APPROACH 3 FAILS - TRY TO SAVE JOB USING CLASSIC APPROACH, and
without conditional IF
    #No errors raised, but jobweblink and jobemail link are both NULL
in DB
    job_db = Job(
                company=company_db,
                jobtitle = tempjob.title,