On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Euan Goddard
<euan.godd...@2degreesnetwork.com> wrote:
> This is all very well, but should either of these projects get to pypi
> there's going to be some serious trouble. Since I'm the main author of
> the "noSQL" django-audit, please let me know how you want to proceed.
> I'm already using the project in some pre-production code so would
> rather not rename my project. If you could rename yours that would be
> really helpful as this clearly a case of two people simultaneously
> coming up with the same name.

Google code wont let me change the project name without deleting and
recreating the project so I just added a note to the top

"This is a fairly comprehensive Audit Trail App for use with standard
RDBMS databases. If you are looking for a solution for NoSQL there is
a great project by the same name but differing author @
https://launchpad.net/django-audit that uses MongoDB."

and a little NoSQL vs SQL comparison of the two solutions

"Not all of us can use a NoSQL audit solution due to business rules or
other constraints. Django Audit for MongoDB preserves field type in
the audit history, which is lost django-audit for SQL. This loss of
field type is mitigated by the field formatters which allow you to
record the field how you want to display it to the person reading the
audit history.

Ultimately the solution you pick will depend on your requirements and
capabilities, both work, though I believe my solution takes a bit more
work for the developer to setup and configure on each model then then
MongoDB solution (have not looked too deeply into the code over there
as I cannot use MongoDB for the projects I need an Audit history in)"

I also added links to a few of the other audit solutions out there