On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Lakshman Prasad <scorpion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Since I upgraded to 1.1.2, I am unable to send mails as django seems
> expecting a EMAIL_BACKEND.

Something is severely broken with your setup, then. EMAIL_BACKEND is a
setting that was introduced in Django 1.2, but it doesn't exist in
1.1.1 or 1.1.2.

So - somehow you've managed to install Django 1.2, and that is what is
being found by Python. Your stack trace also confirms this -
django.core.mail is a module on Django 1.1.X, and a directory on 1.2.
The stack trace you provide shows that you've got a directory.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)