On May 27, 8:42 am, mojito <meenalp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to set up django 1.1.1 with mod_wsgi 2.3  and Apache
> 2.0.63 on Windows XP. My Python version is 2.4.4
>
> I followed the instructions for installing and configuring mod_wsgi
> fromhttp://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/.
>
> I set up the "Hello world " test first to see if my mod_wsgi install
> is correct. That works.
>
> When I come to deploy my django app on Apache , I get this error.
>
>  [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Target WSGI script not found or unable to
> stat: C:/wsgi-django-app
> /testing/apache/django.wsgi

This will occur where the user that the Apache service runs as does
not have the necessary access permissions to the directory containing
the WSGI script file. In other works, if the access controls on your
directories only allow access to yourself and no one else, Apache
service will not be able to see the WSGI script file.

Graham

> Please help ...
> Thanks
> MP
>
> My set up is as follows:
> httpd.conf
> WSGIScriptAlias / C:/wsgi-django-app/testing/apache/django.wsgi
>
> <Directory C:/wsgi-django-app/testing>

It is more secure to have:

  <Directory C:/wsgi-django-app/testing/apache>

Graham