On the chance that something has changed in your JavaScript as well, are
you sure that you're passing the session cookie?  This could be a subtle
difference, such as a different version of JQuery, or the like.

The server side doesn't know from AJAX.  They're all just requests that get
a response.  (COMET, on the other hand, is different.)

Bill