Nothing has changed at all. I was just going through the steps to
migrate my code base to Django 1.2.1 and this stopped working. If I
comment out the decorator everything works just fine minus the
protection of cause. The internal wrapper (closure) in the decorator
is failing when it tries to get 'request.user'.  Also I see that
Django 1.2.1 now comes with jQuery 1.4.2 by default. I'm now including
it twice, so I need to fix this also and move my JavaScript to later
in the <script> tags.

I was also thinking about the session cookie, but I was doing nothing
with it before and everything worked fine.

~Carl