I would think that you need to be calling the Django url from an Android app
that can handle the protocol used (e.g. http protocol).

Django should talk to an Android, PHP, JSP, RoR, ASP.NET etc web app using
urls and so on - and vice versa - as long as your Android app can make sense
of and handle the response sent back from your Django app.

> Firstlty, how to hit my Django server from android application

If a user clicks a link in your Android app, the web server on your Django
server will forward the request to your Django app.

> Secondly, how to send back the results.

The Django app will then do something with the data and send back a response
object (for example, using http protocol) via the web server, to your
Android app. Your Android app must then have the logic to handle the
response and proceed.

The web server is your middle man and takes care of sending requests and
logic to handle the data shared between the apps.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Jeliuc Alexandr
<jeliucalexa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, I've to do something similar... but application django connects
> written for iphone...
> I know nothing about android...
> ideas xml or json... does it support these formats?
>
> On Jun 5, 11:18 pm, rahul jain <jainwolver...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Django,
> >
> > I would like to create an android application which talks to Django.
> > If I hit a url on my phone, it hits one of my views (urlconf), that
> > view
> > processes the request and give the result back to the android app.
> >
> > Anybody in the community have any knowledge how to proceed with it
> >
> > Firstlty, how to hit my Django server from android application
> >
> > Secondly, how to send back the results.
> >
> > Any tips, suggestions and design help will be appreciated.
> >
> > --RJ

Regards,
Sithembewena Lloyd Dube
http://www.lloyddube.com