On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
<russ...@keith-magee.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Jason Beaudoin <jasonbeaud...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Silence usually implies some key piece of documentation was missed, or
>> was this just lost amongst more interesting posts? :)
>
> You've missed two important alternatives:
>  * The people who can answer your question are busy
>  * Nobody can understand your question.
>
> Personally, I fall into both these categories. I'm still trying to dig
> myself out from tasks stemming from DjangoCon; and I really can't work
> out what it is you're trying to do.

You are fantastic :)
My apologies, let me try to clarify:

 - I've got a model that defines "submissions", which are incoming
messages from HTML forms on various websites and are fielded by admins
 - each submission has a bunch of basic information related to the
submission (where, when, etc), as well as the data submitted by the
user (form input field)
 - each form on each website is different, and will be different in the future
 - allowing non-developers the ability to manage these forms would be
really nice, so creating them through a frontend interface (as opposed
to developers hardcoding forms) is a desirable goal
 - the idea is that users would submit information from various source
websites to a central repository via a number of forms all with
different fields and varying in # of fields, field names, etc. the
central repository is a place where everything is reviewed, where
submissions are displayed in a "this is when it came in, from here,
and this is what the user gave us" type of way.

I'm not sure how to save the form information with each submission,
given that each form will be different.. I'm used to defining specific
forms and only accepting specific information.

> So - perhaps if you explain your problem in more detail, you might
> have more luck getting a response.

Indeed, this is sometimes a bit difficult to communicate with clarity.

Regards,

~Jason