On Wednesday 16 June 2010 01:37:02 shacker wrote:
> It depends what your "zoom level" is. For example, the org's questions
> may be questions like:

if it is drupal/joomla vs plone

> - In which system can we get our site up the fastest?

plone
> - Which system will be the most flexible if we need to go in new
> directions?

plone
> - In which system will it be easiest to find qualified developers?

drupal/joomla (depending on the definition of qualified)
> - In which system can I mix and match data models to our heart's
> content?

plone
> - Which system has the most mature 3rd-party plugins/modules/apps?

plone
> - Which system's templates are easiest to work with?

drupal/joomla
> - Which system will make it easiest to convert our existing data into?

depends on your existing data - if it is in a RDBMS then drupal/joomla -
otherwise a toss-up (one can use an RDBMS with plone)
> - How easy is it to create custom workflows?

plone has several out of the box

and one question you forgot

which system has regular security patches (at least twice a month)?

drupal/joomla - since security patches are rare to non-existent in plone,
suits may not feel comfortable with it.

--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves