Bytheway Joomla is also a framework.. is a Content Management
Framework. I've been using it for years but I have to say that from a
performance point of view is CRAP.

I also think that the scopes of Django and Joomla are very different.
Django will never have the large adoption that Joomla has, because
Joomla is focused on the community and has a so called community
driven development (hilarious from my point of view).
Django has a development that is driven by a community of smart
developers, while Joomla has a development that is driven by a
community in which the majority are not-so-good self-proclaimed web
masters that do absurd feature requests.

Joomla is for the mass, Django is for the nieche.. and personally I'm
happy with it.