First I'm new 2 django and have made rapid progress building my app
based on the tutorial.  As soon as I get it a little better, I'll clean
it up and remove the "mysite/polls" references.

I have a series of url's like this

/mysite/myapp/datagrid/clients?letter=A
/mysite/myapp/datagrid/reports
/mysite/myapp/datagrid/reports?client=LA12345
/mysite/myapp/datagrid/stores/userid=mary

I would like to map these to the same view.py method

def datagrid(request, gridtype, **options):
        #where gridtype is one of clients, reports, stores
        #And options contains any parameters in the URL

I would like to NOT define the legal options in the URL, because that
gives me two places to define them (3 if you count the client) and
frankly I'm not that skilled at regex.  I've gotten this far, which maps
the gridtype, but cannot get the parameters, even if I explicitly name
them.  Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Mysite/polls/urls.py contains
urlpatterns = patterns('mysite.polls.views',
    (r'^datagrid/([a-z]*)/', 'datagrid'),
)

And mysite/urls.py contains

urlpatterns = patterns('',
    (r'^myapp/', include('mysite.polls.urls')  ),
)