I do something similar to Kenneth.

the other approach is to use something like OpenID, and make it somebody else's problem.

On 19/07/2006, at 3:16 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

On 18-Jul-06, at 9:20 PM, va:patrick.kranzlmueller wrote:

next problem with my user registration process:
how do I send the password to registered users after they confirmed
their registration?

the process should look like this:
1. registration
2. email confirmation
3. account activation & email with username and password
4. now the user can log in

since the password is stored encrypted, I´m not sure how to send it.

why send it? What i do is, take the username and email address on
registration. Then the user gets an email to confirm, the
confirmation screen also requires him to add password and allows him
to add other information also. So the password never gets mailed.
Password reset on lost password is done the same way

--

regards
kg