On Jul 9, 10:11 am, Lachlan Musicman <data...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 07:05, Börni <boe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello together,
> > i'm using the trans tpl tag for translation a value from database. If
> > i'm adding this value to my django.po file and run makemessages
> > afterwards, my changes got lost.
>
> Are you manually adding the field to your po file?
>
> Are you running "django-admin.py compilemessages" to create the
> relevant django.mo file after the event?

Yes, i've tried it with the existing django.po file. And my other try
was to create an additional file called database.po

makemessages  removes my manualy added entries from django.po

compilemessages creates mo files from my database.po and django.mo
file, but django seems to ignore translations from any other files
than django.mo?

> Are there other strings in the same template that _are_ being translated?

Yes, as i wrote im using an already existing django.po file of my app.

> Which version of django are you using?

1.2

> Which language are you translating too?

de, en

> cheers

Have a nice day and thank you very much for help,
Börni