the css should be {% MEDIA_URL %} but you have to be sure you pass the
RequestConext on your render_to_response method.
If you're are on the development server you have to add additional
urls to urls.py to serve static content.

Is explained in the docs, but I suppose some examples you'll be
better. I created some startup and example projects that I think they
would help you.

http://code.google.com/p/appfusedjango/

Check project and agenda, they are a good start. The examples are not
updated for 1.2.1 but they work.

2010/7/28 kostia <kostya.demc...@gmail.com>:
> I use in settings.py:
>
> MEDIA_ROOT = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'main',
> 'templates', 'static').replace('\\', '/')
>

> MEDIA_URL = '/static/'
>

> And then simply in an html file:
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{% url static 'styles/
> nav.css' %}" />
>
> Where the full folder path is the ../project_name/main/templates/
> static/styles/nav.css

Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com
Site: http://apsl.net