Actually, it doesn't work on Linux either with the same settings.
Please update django-timezones to 0.2.dev2 which is what pinax uses (pip
install --extra-index-url=http://dist.pinaxproject.com/dev/
django-timezones==0.2.dev1). The latest stable doesn't seem to work with django
1.2.
I bet you installed pinax on your linux box but not on your osx one (or not in
the same virtual env).

Regards,
Xavier.