That does exactly what I need, thank-you!
From: django-users@googlegroups.com [django-us...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Michael [newmani...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:25 PM
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: SSL with Django, Apache, mod_wsgi and nginx

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Colleen A Josephson
<cjos...@mit.edu<mailto:cjos...@mit.edu>> wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not very well versed in proxying and SSL, etc.
I'm not sure I understand how mod WSGi eliminates the need for SSLRedirect.

I implemented the Lincoln Loop setup, but if I go to the http:// admin page I
am not redirected to https:// as I would like to be.

It would be much more efficient to redirect from nginx than django here. Just
implement something like this on your server that runs on port 80 (http):

location /admin/ {
     rewrite (.*)  https://$server_name$1 permanant;
}

This is just a snippit I just wrote. Let me know if it doesn't work, I will
actually go and run it.

hope that helps,

Michael