On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Steve Holden <holden...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Consider using Apache or Nginx to deliver this content much as you would
> deliver static content from disk. You don't want Django-users in that loop
> if you are interested in maximum throughput.

But the question is how to get the content to the Apache and how to remove
it again if it is no longer used? The content is stored at a Hadoop cluster.
Now people use the Django web application to ask for some date, the web app
starts a HBase query, returns the text results and has a link to an internal
file. Now how do I serve the file to the outside?
I could copy it from Hadoop to the Apache directory and give the user that
download link. But if the files are large the inital copy to Apache could
take some time (maybe to long). Also the next question would be: When can
the file be removed again, when is the user download finished?