If I was you,

I would not install django directly on the system. It's not generally
a good practice.

The best thing you might do is to use of these two methods:

1. virtualenv
(http://tumblr.intranation.com/post/766290325/python-virtualenv-quickstart-django)

2. buildout (http://jacobian.org/writing/django-apps-with-buildout/)

As you wish these two methods worked pretty well, on my side i like
buildout cause it's easier to maintain.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Sven Bröckling <s...@broeckling.de> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
>> I developed in a system that uses django 1.2, but the server is still
>> django 1.0.2.
>> Upgrading for a moment is not possible. Unless someone knows a nice
>> simple alternative, in order to keep my web portal compatible between
>> 1.0.2 and 1.2, I would like to switch off CSRF on my developing
>> computer.
>> How can I do this simply and easily?
> I have one project which has several issues with django 1.2, and so i
> use 1.1 for that, 1.2 for other projects.
>
> I have two versions of Django in my home dir, both svn checkouts. I need
> only one version at a time, so i wrote two quick and dirty shell aliases
> to switch the django version.
>
> [s...@troy sven] which django1.1
> django1.1: aliased to sudo rm -f
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django; sudo ln -s
> /home/sven/projects/programming/python/django/django-1.1/django
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
>
> [s...@troy sven] which django1.2
> django1.2: aliased to sudo rm -f
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django; sudo ln -s
> /home/sven/projects/programming/python/django/django-trunk/django
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
>
> Sven

Mathieu Leduc-Hamel