No sooner had I hit the Send button than I found some posts in Google
Groups about this (although a previous Google search had not found
anything useful).  To answer my post, this is ticket #852.

However, I have a question:  Rock Howard had posted a workaround, Jacob
then closed the ticket indicating "Transaction management (now on
magic-removal) provides a fix for this problem. Use it. Love it." but
not explicitly describing how the fix works.  Some other user recently
said Rock's workaround no longer works (and I've confirmed that I can't
import db from django.core in 0.95).  So how does one recover from the
aborted transaction?

Joe