So I wrote some django unit tests for an app that uses OAuth and I ran
into this strange issue when attempting to set my verifier:

On my local dev machine it likes me to set my verifier like so:
token.set_verifier(verifier)

On my production machine it like me to set my verifier like so:
oauth_request = oauth.OAuthRequest.from_consumer_and_token(
    self.apicall.consumer,
    token=token,
    verifier=verifier,
    http_url=self.apicall.access_token_url
)

Both my dev machine and production machine can't agree on which way
they would like to set the verifier. If I perform both methods, then
both dev and production seem to be happy!  Why is this? Could I have a
slightly different version of oauth on both the machines?

Here is the full snippet of code that sets the verifier and makes the
access token request:

        verifier = "zNd4KsqnL9"
       # Dev likes it this way
        token.set_verifier(verifier)

        oauth_request = oauth.OAuthRequest.from_consumer_and_token(
            self.apicall.consumer,
            token=token,
            # prod likes it this way
            verifier=verifier,
            http_url=self.apicall.access_token_url
        )
        oauth_request.sign_request(self.apicall.signature_method,
            self.apicall.consumer, token
        )
        params = oauth_request.parameters
        response = self.client.get(self.apicall.access_token_url,
params)