On 27 sep, 12:55, Thomas Weholt <thomas.weh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Steve Holden <holden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think the point is to learn enough Python that you don't need
> > Django-specific advice.
>
> > [Thinks: definitely time for a "Python for Djangonauts" class].
>
> I`m asking for a best-practice advice, and have gotten plenty of good
> examples of ways to solve this "problem", but I still think this
> should be covered by the standard django docs anyhow,

What would you suggest exactly ?

> especially since
> there are some django specific magic related to the files generated by
> using manage.py startapp.

??? Which "django specific magic" ???

> It`s obviously not clear to all django users
> how to best handle growing projects, split into modules etc

I can only second Steve on this : time for "Python for Djangonauts"
class then. FWIW, I'm amazed at how many persons seem to pick up
django without any background in Python.

> and just
> taking some of the info in this thread, re-writing it and giving a few
> examples and then adding it to the std docs would be enough.

Mmm... Not sure this would help. A pointer to Python's doc and a
strong emphasis on the fact that you definitly have to learn Python to
go any further would be more helpful in the long run IMHO. But well,
if you think you can contribute something useful, please go ahead and
submit your patch to the team - it's an OSS project, isn't it ?