This can be a pain on windows, because there is usually no compiler
for setup to build the "binary" version of the adaptor.  The easiest
course of action is to find a binary for the version of python you are
running.  I haven't seen any for 2.7 yet but searching for "python
msqldb windows binary" will expose some binaries for earlier
versions.  I usually work on mac, but for my windows box at work I
reverted to an earlier version of python just to get mysql (and PIL)
working