I had this same problem when hosting it with apache. I solved the problem by creating a symbolic link inside my media folder pointing to the admin site that is instaled with django. Something like this:

admin -> /usr/share/pyshared/django/contrib/admin/media/

Of course, this would only work in unix environments. I've tried to solve it by tweaking with the settings.py file, but couldn't find a solution. The link did the trick.

My regards,

Giancarlo Razzolini
http://lock.razzolini.adm.br
Linux User 172199
Red Hat Certified Engineer no:804006389722501
Verify:https://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/current/
Moleque Sem Conteudo Numero #002
OpenBSD 4.5
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
4386 2A6F FFD4 4D5F 5842  6EA0 7ABE BBAB 9C0E 6B85