Hi!,

I would like to use internationalization features provided by Django, but
I'm having some issues when dealing with Scandinavian characters 'ä', 'ö'
and 'å'. If I enter such characters in django.po and try to compile the
messages, it tells me that there is an invalid byte sequence wherever such
characters are used.

I tried to change all 'ä's with \xe4 and 'ö's with \xf6 and with those I was
able to make the messages compile. However, when trying to launch the
built-in server, I get error saying "UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't
decode bytes in position 26-28: invalid data".

I'm using Vim as my editor and I have set "set encoding=utf-8" in .vimrc.
Also, in the django.po I have line "Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=utf-8". Is there something else I'm missing?

Also, I'd like to ask how different timezones should be handled? I'm
building an application where it would be necessary for the users to be able
to choose their own timezone to display date and time information correctly.
One option would be, of course, to save the date and time returned by
datetime.utcnow() to database and then for each user have setting
"timezone", which would tell the offset from UTC in seconds. However, if
there are any better ways to handle this, I'd like to know about them.

Thanks,

- Mikko Nylén