On Jul 30, 2006, at 08:08, Mikko Nylén wrote:

Also, I'd like to ask how different timezones should be handled? I'm
building an application where it would be necessary for the users to be able to choose their own timezone to display date and time information correctly.
One option would be, of course, to save the date and time returned by
datetime.utcnow() to database and then for each user have setting
"timezone", which would tell the offset from UTC in seconds. However, if
there are any better ways to handle this, I'd like to know about them.

You may want to have a look at http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/ 2447, which I recently submitted. It's not much, and probably not very good, but it's been working for me nicely with datetime fields so far.

Jean-François Roy

--
Co-Founder of MacStorm
/dev/klog. You better pipe that through your mind.

http://www.devklog.net
http://www.macstorm.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.devklog.net/documents/Jean-Francois_Roy.gpgkey
Fingerprint: 06CD 6F7B 4BF0 2AC6 78B2 57A3 06BE 6CB3 0591 FA2D