I would suggest rewriting the loop in your template as a templatetag.
Something like this

@register.simple_tag
def render_locations(locations):
    html = u""" html %(x)s stuff %(y)s here %(link)s """
    return '\n'.join([html % { 'x': loc.x, 'y': loc.y', 'link':
loc.link } for loc in locations])

I've used this approach a few times with good results for my use cases.

Regards
Knut