On 09-12-10 01:37, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> It seems like a good place to put it. Maybe you can test to see if the
> threads have been started already?
>
> Here is a singleton which could live in your __init__.py and might
> help to record the state of your threading ... or anything else for
> that matter.
>
> class singleton(object):
>     """ designed by Oren Tirosh and Jeff Pitman """
>     def __new__(self, *args, **kwargs):
>         if not '_singleton' in self.__dict__:
>             slate = object.__new__(self)
>             slate.state = {
>                 'threads':True,
>                 # add other state things as required
>             }
>             self._singleton = slate
>         return self._singleton
>
> hth
>
> Mike

Sorry but I don't really understand how works the function you gave me.

In my case, I create several objects like this :

# __init__.py
profile_rec_port = ProfileRecorder()
evaluation_port = EvaluationManager()

# evaluationmanager.py
class EvaluationManager(Thread):

    def __init__(self):
        self.port = Queue() # Initialize an infinite empty queue
        Thread.__init__(self) # Initialze the thread
        self.start() # Launch the thread