You definitely lost me in some places but you've also cleared some
things up in the process. I also noticed that I had "<Directory /srv/
www/wsgi-scripts>", which is lacking a directory for the
WSGIScriptAlias. I've fixed that now. *Now*, I no longer get my
listing of my files in my project when I go to my address *but* I now
get 500 Internal Server Error. I'm not sure if I should trust the logs
or maybe I've misconfigured something else (either in Apache or in my
django.wsgi file)...I had this same issue yesterday 500 error...

Also, when you said "Somewhere in your Apache config you have denied
access to the entire filesystem", do  you mean *Apache* has done this
so that it will keep others out of my project (not that I've actually
done this somewhere, right?)

After these changes, the project is still not running and I'm still
not sure if it's my django app that's the issue or wsgi and my Apache
configs. :/

thanks for the reply back, I do appreciate it...

j.