On 12/12/2010 10:56am, jc wrote:
I've tried to fix my config files and it gives me a 500 error, here is
what i see n the logs. I've been told by someone else that they think
it's still my mod_wsgi/Apache configuration and not the error that I'm
getting in the log about missing modules. Any suggestions? Here is the
server error log message and my newly configured files:

# error.log
mod_wsgi (pid=20698): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/
srv/
www/duckling.org/store/wsgi-scripts/django.wsgi'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/
wsgi.py", line 230, in __call__
      self.load_middleware()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/
base.py", line 42, in load_middleware
raise exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured('Error importing middleware %s:
"%s"' % (mw_module, e))
  ImproperlyConfigured: Error importing middleware
satchmo_store.shop.SSLMiddleware: "No module named
satchmo_store.shop.SSLMiddleware
I'm at a loss here as to how I find out if the problem lies with
mod_wsgi or apache configs or django or satchmo. So, I'm posting here
just in case someone might be able to help me out. Without some help
this project is as good as doomed as I don't have a lot of skills and
I'm learning along the way.

The loading middleware error seems straightforward. My guess is the module containing the middleware cannot be found.

If you installed Satchmo correctly it will have added itself properly to the Python path and that error wouldn't occur.

If you are learning and still need to develop your skills I would recommend using the Django dev server to try it out.

hth

Mike

<snip>