I was once in your shoes. No real resume experience to show... no
sites to display my knowledge.

My advice... makes more friends. It's all in who you know. Met some at
an intro html course at a community college, ended up being good
friends. He was a developer already, but a few years later he tells me
about a company he got placed at and said I could easily do the
work... then he helped me get an interview, then I got hired...
knowing basic stuff.

Moral of the story, network