On Dec 23, 3:41 pm, Mike Seidle <m...@seidle.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2010 05:08:05 pm Jakob H wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a related SSL question using WSGI and Apache.
>
> > In my .htaccess file I have something like this:
>
> If you are using WSGI, then you'll probably have to look at Apache's config
> files (usually in /etc/apache2 or /etc/httpd for the problem and not
> .htaccess.

I'm running on a shared hosting service (Bluehost) so all I have
available to change is .htaccess.

> More than likely it's as simple as not automatically redirecting http requests
> to https for your domain (or vhost) as appropriate.

What do you mean by this? When I request a static file that doesn't go
through WSGI everything works fine. Can there still be something wrong
about the Apache configuration do you think?

> Also, most of the directives in your .htaccess appear to be fast-cgi and not
> wsgi settings, so I'd probably first check to see you really are using
> mod_wsgi. You may be able to simplify that .htaccess file a bunch.

I've also had:

from django.core.handlers.wsgi import WSGIHandler
WSGIServer(WSGIHandler()).run()

in the django.wsgi file, which doesn't change anything.

Thanks for your help,
Jakob