Hi,

> TemplateSyntaxError at /admin/
> Caught ViewDoesNotExist while rendering: Tried addchoice in module
> polls.views. Error was: 'module' object has no attribute 'form'Request
> Method: GET
> Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/
> Django Version: 1.2.4
> Exception Type: TemplateSyntaxError
> Exception Value: Caught ViewDoesNotExist while rendering: Tried
> addchoice in module polls.views. Error was: 'module' object has no
> attribute 'form'
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the error. It's likely that your views.py has a syntax error. At a
guess, you've got something like:

from django import form

... instead of the correct:

from django import forms

However, you'll need to supply the complete code to verify that.

> Not sure what exactly is missing unless I don't have my imports coded
> correctly or not in the right place. My actual request was for the
> default admin screen like this ("http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/";),
> though I am trying to add the new "addchoice" view to my views code.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You got this error even though you're fetching /admin/ as Django needs to load
and resolve all the urls and views that they refer to.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Fairs | dan.fa...@gmail.com | www.fezconsulting.com