easy thumbnails certainly does a decent job of creating thumbnails.
I'm not too fond of having a template tag do that though... it
basically does what i'm think of doing, but in a different area. it
also doesn't send the thumbnail over to cloudfiles, which is really
what i'm wanting to do, and without running syncstatic.

i'll take a look through easy thumbnail and see if there are any clues
for me... i should just have to override it's save functionality to
get what i need.

thanks for cumulus! its nicer having a specific backend for this
instead of one that is useful for multiples.. at this time anyway.