Sorry about that... here is what I have in the settings.py ( similiar to
what you showed, but mine is abit different in the NAME section):

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.sqlite3', # Add 'postgresql_psycopg2',
'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
        'NAME':  'home/username/directory/database'                  # Or
path to database file if using sqlite3.
        'USER': '',                      # Not used with sqlite3.
        'PASSWORD': '',                  # Not used with sqlite3.
        'HOST': '',                      # Set to empty string for
localhost. Not used with sqlite3.
        'PORT': '',                      # Set to empty string for default.
Not used with sqlite3.
    }
}

Inside the settings.py file, in the template_dirs section, there's a line
says os.path.join(os.path.dirname(_file_), 'templates')

If I comment that, then there's a error saying it doesn't recognize _file_.
I commented that line, then it says that the setting ENGINE has not been
set.