On 4 Aug 2006, at 19:35, Joseph Heck wrote:
> I believe it was a little custom script that generated a schema
> model in OmniGraffle from the ruby code. Not 100% sure, but I
> recall seeing one of the local ruby guys using it.

Back in April I posted here:

  Subject: pictorial representation of models?

  In my reading up on Ruby on Rails, I found a link to a page on the RoR
  wiki that shows a pictorial representation of a schema (model) along
  with documentation etc.

  See
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/AccessControlListExample/versions/25

  Does anything like that exist to take a Django model and automatically
  generate a picture of that schema???   I think it would be a BIG help...

to which Russ Magee responded:

  1) I don't think the Rails guys have an automated tool, either :-) The
  Rails diagram you reference looks suspiciously like it might have been
  hand drawn using the Core Data designer from XCode (not unlikely given
  that the 37Signals guys - or at least DHH - use Macs).

  2) The best graph autolayout tool I know of is GraphViz
  (http://www.graphviz.org/)- it's open source, and works off a well
  documented input format. I haven't looked into it extensively, but
  writing a Django Model->DOT converter shouldn't be too hard - might be
  a nice little project if someone is looking to get intimate with
  Django model internals.

--
Glenn