Hi, all.  I'm getting this error, when trying to export my django site
to a new place:

TemplateSyntaxError: Caught ImproperlyConfigured while rendering:
Error loading MySQLdb module: bad local file header in /usr/local/lib/
python2.6/site-packages/MySQL_python-1.2.3-py2.6-freebsd-8.1-RELEASE-
amd64.egg

When I install the module (I reinstalled it clean after finding the
above problem), I get the above egg as a zip file (and it unzips
without errors).  But I can't seem to use it.  I've been trying to
figure out what to do next -- I've considered trying to make it use
uncompressed eggs, but even though I've uncompressed it in that
directory (site-packages) it's not helping.  Does django have some way
of telling python to not use compressed eggs, but to look for
uncompressed stuff instead?  Or are there other suggestions/
solutions?  (I'm kinda hoping not to reinstall python itself esp. as I
hate changing /usr/ports default setups as it always bites me later
when i reinstall/upgrade things)

When I reinstalled py-MySQLdb, it created the egg in /root/.python-
eggs/MySQL_python-1.2.3-py2.6-freebsd-8.1-RELEASE-amd64.egg but after
trying to run the django stuff, that egg disappears, leaving
the .python-eggs dir empty, and giving me the above error message.

Using the latest version of django, python & mysqldb, on freebsd 8.1
(moving it from a freebsd 8.0 install, where it's working fine --
django & python versions the same on both).

Thanks for any and all help & suggestions!