On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Torsten Bronger
<bron...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> Russell Keith-Magee writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Although we now send HTML error mails, we still send the original
>> text mail, in exactly the same format as before. We do this by
>> sending two MIME enclosures in the message; a text/plain enclosure
>> with the raw-text version, and a text/html version with the full
>> markup. The first MIME enclosure is always the text/plain
>> enclosure.
>
> I had looked at the raw mail message, and the text/plain part looked
> exactly the same as I uploaded -- really.

I don't know what's happening here, but I'm fairly certain it isn't
Django's fault.

It's clear that *something* is processing your mail -- the text/plain
container you've provided has a footer providing contact details for
"Dr Ulrich Krafft, Prof Dr-Ing Harald Bolt, and Prof Dr. Sebastian M.
Schmidt. That content wasn't provided by Django.

You can check the exact output of Django using the File email backend
-- put the following two lines in your settings file:

    EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.filebased.EmailBackend'
    EMAIL_FILE_PATH = '/a/path/somewhere/mail'

(substituting an appropriate FILE_PATH), and you'll see the raw
content that is being sent by Django, one file per email.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)