On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Torsten Bronger
<bron...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> Russell Keith-Magee writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Torsten Bronger
>> <bron...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I had looked at the raw mail message, and the text/plain part
>>> looked exactly the same as I uploaded -- really.
>>
>> I don't know what's happening here, but I'm fairly certain it
>> isn't Django's fault.
>>
>> It's clear that *something* is processing your mail
>
> Thank you, you are probably right.  I invesitage this; I just sent
> an email to our IT department.  It may be though that all I can do
> is to patch my local Django branch because the IT department might
> refuse to change their configuration.

The good news here is that you won't need to patch your install at
all. One of the advantages of the new logging framework is that you
can handle this by simply installing a different email handler. The
default Django error email handler sends HTML+text; if you just want
text emails, make a copy of the handler in django.utils.log, and
install it in your local logging configuration. There's no need to
patch anything.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)