in my computer i use oracle XE and oracle XE in production

actually i write an web application to replace desktop application with
Visual Basic that has existing oracle table
i thinking of django because it's for perfectionist with deadlines

some people ask me to take a look to codeigniter since it's models not use
ORM but only need make the query
maybe i looking for CI-models-like not ORM but i don't really like PHP
object oriented, so please someone give me some advice to solve it