It would be a mistake to compare Zope to Django. Django is a
lightweight, easy-to-learn, something-like-MVC framework with a built-
in ORM. Zope is a complex, rich, unabashedly pythonistic metaframework
with a built-in ACID compliant key-value store. Zope is neither a POS
nor unusually slow. Its history is inextricably intertwined with the
history of Python itself. Some superb libraries and tools have come
out of the Zope project, including both Plone and Repoze.BFG, now
Pyramid.

Let's not get any further OT, but please, keep the FUD off the list.