Hi,

i have a Django project in a virtualdev.
Because it was developed before Debian squeeze, i wanted a recent version of
python
and compiled my own 2.7 version, then installed that in my virtual dev.

Now for deploying to the production server, i had following scenario in mind:
- install programs and database that my programs needs (postgresql and so on)
- get my project on the server via svn
- install virtualdev, and install the requirements i got via the freeze command
on the dev server.
- fix paths in Apache, Nginx

However, here i have a problem. To make the virtualdev environment, i need to
python version 2.7
and that's not available on the server.
The compiled version is available on the dev server.
What's the  most elegant solution?

Copy the whole virtual environment to the server?
Make a package of the python install?

Thanks for any insight,
Benedict