Hello,

I'm having some fustrating problems with setting permissions for a
user within the django administration panel.  I create a new user, set
it as staff, and assign it permissions.  The problem is, when I login
as them, I get the "You don't have permission to edit anything."
error.

I have also tried assigning the user permissions via the groups
method, with no success. It is possible to make them a superuser, but
I'd like to be able to narrow down the user's permissions.

What I've tried/discovered so far:
 - admin.autodiscover() is in the urls.py file
 - deleting and recreating the database does nothing
 - commenting out the applications admin.py file does nothing
 - the project I made originally following the django tutorial allows
me to assign permissions fine, which means it's something to do with
my project

I'm looking for help from anyone who can point me to where I could
have broken the system, and where to look for me to be able to fix it.
I've been stuck on this a good few days now, and I'm not getting
anywhere.

Let me know what extra information would be useful.

Thanks for your help.