On Wednesday, February 23, 2011 02:56:52 pm Adam Tonks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some fustrating problems with setting permissions for a
> user within the django administration panel.  I create a new user, set
> it as staff, and assign it permissions.  The problem is, when I login
> as them, I get the "You don't have permission to edit anything."
> error.
>
> I'm looking for help from anyone who can point me to where I could
> have broken the system, and where to look for me to be able to fix it.
> I've been stuck on this a good few days now, and I'm not getting
> anywhere.
>
> Let me know what extra information would be useful.
>
> Thanks for your help.

The actual permissions you're assigning the users.

But just make sure that the user in questions has the `app|model|can change
model` option selected.

I just tested this out assigning the user the just "can change" permission and
was able to to change only the app|model in question and removed that and
added the "can add" permission to the same model, worked as expected. using
django 1.3 alpha.

Mike.
--
"Only a brain-damaged operating system would support task switching and not
make the simple next step of supporting multitasking."