On 5/6/06, Matthew Flanagan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 5/6/06, Ivan Sagalaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Matthew Flanagan wrote:
> >
> > >Since MR merged the _manipulator_validate_FIELD() methods stopped
> > >working. The solution I came up with was to write custom manipulators
> > >(which was what I was trying to avoid all along).
> > >
> > Can you assign those validators to the validator_list of a field right
> > in a model? I never had a chance to use _manipulator_validate_FIELD() so
> > I don't know if there is any difference.
> >

> The validator functions assigned to a models validator_list only take
> two arguments eg. isValidField(field_data, all_data). Where as they
> _manipulator* ones looked like this _manipulator_validate_FIELD(self,
> field_data, all_data), where 'self' was the manipulator instance. The
> latter were automatically added to the model's manipulator in
> pre-magic-removal.

I know this is an old thread, but I just ran into the same issue on
trunk: I have no idea how to duplicate the _manipulator_validate_FIELD
behavior from pre-MR in order to access fields from the original
object in a validator.  I can't find anything in the current docs or
in the source which might indicate how to do this; anyone have any
pointers?  :-)