> Tom,
>
> Does the solution I posted [1] earlier in this thread not work for you?
>

> [1] http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/msg/a76be4c94631ec80

Getting these manipulator-aware validators working in the admin is
exactly the issue I want to solve; I came up with a proposal to
reinstate similar behavior to pre-MR-removal Django and posted it to
Django-dev.  I now have both mentioned potential solutions working;
it's just a matter of deciding which one I prefer (or, quite likely,
having someone else smarter than me hit me with a stick and point out
a superior way of doing it).  ;-)