Hi, I've been trying to use Postgresql because I'm thinking of using
that instead of MySQL due to it's ability to role back transactions
making it easier to use South. However I've hit a wall with it and
can't seem to fix it.

I'm using the psycopg2 python library and have tried postgresql 8 and
now 9.

The error, in brief, is:

"
Template error
In template c:\python26\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\admin
\templates\admin\base.html, error at line 58
Caught DatabaseError while rendering: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
"

By searching Google for this error I have found loads of discussion on
it but nothing that I have been able to apply in order to fix my
scenario. I'm getting this error when visiting the Django admin site
which is probably adding to my confusion because it's code that I'm
not able to debug.

Has anyone else got any information on this error, or better, a
solution?